Pages

Sunday, November 29, 2009

Mega Walgreens Run

Today was another big shopping day at Walgreens. Since it was the start of a new week, that meant a new ad, and with it brought some great deals. I have 4 (yes, *4*) Walgreens within a short distance of me, and I took full advantage of them today! Normally I do not go to all 4 of them, but because the ones closest to me will not do separate transactions, and the deals were so good (AND I was in the area ;oD), I couldn't pass up these opportunities to save some big money. Just how much did I save? You'll see at the bottom of the page!

Today's transactions were:

Transaction #1
(4) Zooth/Oral B Stages toothbrushes $10.00
6 Russel Stover candies $1.74
Total: $12.27

Coupons & RR Used:
$2.00 manu. coupons
$4.00 store coupons
$3.50 RR

I ended paying $2.77 and earned $5 in Register Reward that I then turned around and used for Transaction #2.

*************************

Transaction #2
Align 28.99
Russel Stover candy .29
Total: $29.66

Coupons Used:
$5.00 Manuf. coupon
$5.00 RR

I paid: $19.66 and received $9 in RR.


*************************

At the next Walgreens I went to I made the following purchases:

Transaction #3
(2) boxes of Character band-aids $3.00
Dawn dish soap $0.99
(2) Oral B floss $5.00
(2) Nivea lip moisturizers $1.98
(2) boxes of dried fruit $2.00
(2) cheese and pretzel dipper snack packs $2.00
Total: $15.63

Coupons & RR Used:
$3.23 manuf. coupons
$3.00 store coupons
$9.00 RR

In the end I paid a total of $1.29 and earned another $4.00 in Register Rewards. And last but not least, I decided to stop at one more Walgreens on the way home.

*************************

Transaction #4
(4) Oral-B Stages/Zooth toothbrushes $10.00
(2) boxes Chracter band-aids $3.00
Total: $13.41

Coupons & RR Used:
$1 manuf. coupon
$5.00 store coupons
Here is where I goofed...somehow in the midst of all my shopping and errands this morning, I forgot I had those RR from my last purchase, so I wound up paying more for this than I could have. My final price was $5.41, and I earned another $6.00 in RR that I will just add on to the rest for a future purchase.

*************************
So, what this boils down to is that I paid $29.13 for items that would have cost me $70.97 if I had not used coupons and Register Rewards. I have $10.00 in Register Rewards for another trip (making my OOP expenses only $19.13). And the best part? Every single thing that I purchased today is something that we will use, but I don't have to pay full price for because I have stocked up in advance!!!

Now, how much did I add to my piggy bank today? According to my notes, my piggy has grown by $23.23. Which brings my total to $24.23!



No comments:

Post a Comment